Friday, December 3, 2010

Twitter me this, twitter me that...

I personally don't really like Twitter to begin with. It's sort of weird and people either use it to exchange as if they were talking on an instant messenger (which is annoying to everyone else following them) or they only post links to articles, blogs and so on.

Anyway, the funny part about Twitter is probably that some stars do tweet. Others don't. Vincent, as you all might know by now, might.

In times of veryfied accounts and so on it's normally easy to tell if a star is twittering or not. There is one account, claiming to be le Gallo. Or being le Gallo. I personally thought it's not him, but after recent controversy I think it might be. Weird? Well, let's start at the beginning.

This account (http://twitter.com/vincent_gallo) started quite a while ago and even though I followed it, I wasn't too sure if it was Vincent or not, actually I thought it's rather not.

Then, as I thought, Mr Gallo confirmed these thoughts by telling the New York Post he wanted this "fake twitter account" to be shut down. The weird thing is, the Post "interview" that is quoted (http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/vincent_gallo_wants_twitter_impostors_I8qFYPxtERpXn3Wlu7OmBP) sounds...odd. Can't quite grasp it, but there are only a few quotes directly by him and if you put together what he actually SAID it could - and I say could, not must! - also be simply irony or his kind of humour. Plus, if we remember - the Post and Vincent Gallo don't really share a close and kind relation so why would he tell them?

Even weirder, the Twitter Account still exists and still claims it's the real deal. There even is an interview with him to be found here http://www.theawl.com/2010/11/an-interview-with-vincent_gallo that does sound a bit like Gallo to be honest.

Well, we'll probably never know the truth but in times of slow news, I'm interested to hear all your opinions on the matter - if you even care ;)

27 comments:

  1. to be honest it doesn't really matter to me if its fake or not. The comments between him and Chloe Sevigny are f'n hilarious!

    great blog btw =)

    -DG

    ReplyDelete
  2. nobody gives a damn fuck sweetheart, but keep on blogging about that bag of scum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Vqit-c8FC0

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://metropolis.co.jp/arts/live-reports/vincent-gallo-2/

    ReplyDelete
  5. i really doubt that its him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. anyone have the brown bunny commentary audio file?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one of his real ones.

    http://twitter.com/#!/_vincentgallo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do not only know that it's not him, but also, who it is actually.

    ReplyDelete
  9. who is it? who is it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. it must be someone who knows gallo, i mean really knows him. the posts are mean, but not that unrealistic, right?

    ReplyDelete
  11. It IS someone who Gallo even knows himself. I would even say that he is a friend of his. poor Gallo.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Vincent knows exactly who it is. Should stop making a drama of it. Should stop acting like a drama queen generally. I guess it's again just about publicity for him.

    ReplyDelete
  13. obviously someone here knows more than i do. wow. and thanks, i've got all the publicity i deserve. rats.

    ReplyDelete
  14. if it was him, loved the humor...too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so sick of this. Every jerk can leave their jerky ugly creepy shit here except me. And it's about me. What the f***?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks a lot :)Merry Christmas to you, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Moment, wieso schreibst du, du magst twitter nicht, und twitterst aber selbst? Vielleicht ist das bei Gallo genau so. Und weil ihm das peinlich ist, tut er jetzt so, als hätte er einen Impersonator... oder zwei. Es gibt ja 2 Gallos bei twitter. Aber nur einer ist lustig. Frohe Weihnachten!

    ReplyDelete
  18. this is hilarious! http://yfrog.com/c8416ehj

    ReplyDelete
  19. VG in L'uomo Vogue January 1993

    http://i.imgur.com/w50By.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  20. HEY GUYS I NEED HELP REALLY NEED IT> ANYONE HAVE LIVE. LOVE. DRIVE BOOK SCANS? I WANNA SEE IT SO MUSH. EMAIL ME PLEASE AT kidartem@gmail.com IF YOU DO HAVE IT. THANK YOU

    ReplyDelete
  21. http://entertainment.oneindia.in/hollywood/top-stories/scoop/2010/vincent-not-coerce-chloe-oralsexscene-241210.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2010/11/22/_vincent_gallo_wants_phony_twitter_acc

    ReplyDelete
  23. VinnyG on Yelp?
    http://www.yelp.com/user_details?userid=Lh15bXsql-s8OaC73M4NtA
    Apparently this is Vincent's Profile on Yelp and his only review is a nice one about an Apple repair guy. Here's the review:

    If you own a Mac product and you live anywhere even slightly close to Los Angeles you are LUCKY !!!!!. Why? Because Brian Cometa lives and works in LA.

    Last Saturday my MacBook froze the big freeze. I tried rebooting with no luck. Clearly my hard drive was having trouble. Yes my beloved hard-drive, which has everything on it and was, not backed up anywhere else (I know I know).

    I first wasted time by visiting the "genius bar" at the Grove Apple store. Yawn. Then I called everyone I knew and asked for a recommendation. I felt I received only vague obvious suggestions but did try calling a few names. By phone alone I understood I was wasting more time although one guy seemed confident and my friend who recommended him swore by him. After several hours at his place the issue was not even close to resolved and no data was recovered.
    I returned home and looked online. Brian Cometa's name appeared along with several others however his feedback seemed very positive and I had a hunch he was "The Guy".

    Brian recovered my data and replaced my broken drive. He did everything so carefully and I feel most others would have failed to get back my data unless I spent thousands on one of those clean room joints. His fee was modest and unlike the tech who failed the first time Brian does not charge a penny unless he is successful. USE BRIAN COMETA IF YOU NEED MAC HELP IN ANYWAY WHATSOEVER.

    Vincent Gallo

    ReplyDelete
  24. Is this true?? http://www.theday.com/article/20110124/ENT09/301249984/1044/ent

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated from now on - that means, it might take a bit until they appear on the site. Please bare with that - there has been just to much spam recently.